All notable changes to this site will be documented on this page.
Types of changes
Unreleasedsection at the top tracks upcoming changes.
Addedfor new features.
Changedfor changes in existing functionality.
Deprecatedfor soon-to-be removed features.
Removedfor now removed features.
Fixedfor any bug fixes.
Securityin case of vulnerabilities.
- Improvement: Link Category page in breadcrumbs for ALL Post Types
- Feature: Allow media uploads for BuddyPress Groups
- Usability: Switch Search page to keep Search box persistent
- Cosmetic: Dark Mode issue in BuddyPress Activity/Messages section
- Bug: Switching access for Post Types to Toolset Access removes Author dropdown under Quick Edit and Posts (Subtitle Providers and Projects affected) — Workaround: Temporarily switch the access to default, then make changes to the Post, finally revert access back to be managed by Toolset Access. Ticket for reference.
- Bug: Unable to save checked checkboxes on the front-end pages for Crew Credit. Workaround: Check the boxes in WP Dashboard instead or Add/save the Crew member first, then go back and edit after it’s been saved.
- Block BuddyPress User Profiles and Activity from Guests
[1.0.39] – 2023-1-29
- Add Custom Lists: List functionality now added to the site! Add any Drama, Movie, Special or People to a list with notes.
[1.0.38] – 2022-12-30
- Subtitle Provider Profiles: Stats now available by Project Status (Announced, Completed, In Progress, Dropped), Post Types (Dramas, Movies, Specials), and Runtime/Minutes.
[1.0.37] – 2022-12-28
- Dramas, Specials and Movie pages: Updated design elements
- Dramas, Specials and Movie pages: Added Cast and Crew name call-out list
[1.0.36] – 2022-12-27
- Timeslot Conversion: Timeslot Time field needs to be in military time with 4 digits (ex. 22:05), this is then converted to am/pm time on the Drama and Special pages
[1.0.35] – 2022-12-26
- Drama, Special: Runtime and Timeslot (Day and Time) fields
- Special: Last Air Date field if Special has more than one episode
- Special: Updated look and feel of Specials page
[1.0.34] – 2022-12-13
- Hikari Raiders RAWs archived and partially rehosted on DO
- Pirate’s Booty: Anchor icon shows in Search results if a title has a special Pirate’s Booty link
- Search: Added Episodes and cleaned up other fields
[1.0.33] – 2022-12-7
- Reviews: Add a review to a Drama, Movie, Special.
- Series: Add any Drama, Movie, and/or Special to a master Series list. Content is automatically pulled including Featured image, Cast, Crew, and Synopsis.
[1.0.32] – 2022-10-26
- Requesting Subtitles: Request English or Japanese subtitles for Dramas, Movies, and Specials
- Thanks: Give thanks to Subtitle Providers and Subtitle Projects.
- Add Cast/Add Crew/Add Member: Updated to inline editing versus refreshing the whole page. Design also updated.
[1.0.31] – 2022-10-12
- Pirate’s Booty: Special links available on Dramas, Movies, and Special pages.
[1.0.30] – 2022-09-3
- Forever Lonely feature (JP Dramas, Movies, and Specials without subtitles) some more today. Tightening some things up and using a smaller thumbnail for faster loading.
[1.0.29] – 2022-08-26
- Added a search filter to The Subtitle Projects Index!
[1.0.28] – 2022-08-24
- Now introducing Subtitle Types! These tags will help you categorize and filter SubProjects. Subtitle Types: External Subs, Hardsubbed, NekoCapped, OCRed, Retimed, Softsubbed, Transcribed, Untimed.
- We’ve also squashed a major bug for the download counter for SubProjects. The download counter is now registering properly & will auto-refresh the page whenever you download to update the count. Now fansubbers can track the downloads of their subtitles.
[1.0.27] – 2022-08-18
- Subtitle Projects listed under Fansubber Profile pages are now displaying in ascending order alphabetically. This bug has been around since May of this year!
[1.0.26] – 2022-08-15
- Related Dramas/Movies/SPs badges weren’t showing, but now they do!
- Also fixed order of details for Dramas/Movies/SPs & SubProjects for consistency in search results.
[1.0.25] – 2022-08-13
- Groups: A Group is a container which allows you to add people to it (example: members of a music or acting troupe)
- Subtitle Projects: Updated on Drama-Otaku.com to improve filtering. Project Status looks like this. Check Announced, Completed, Dropped, or In Progress under Project Status. If a SubProject is In Progress or Dropped, please go to Episode Status & fill in the field as shown.
[1.0.24] – 2022-08-1
- Dramas: Added Ratings and Episode Titles
[1.0.23] – 2022-07-11
- Related Titles: Associate related Dramas, Movies, Specials to other Dramas, Movies, Specials
- Ratings and Reviews tabs on Dramas, Movies, Specials
- ReCaptcha for comments to prevent bots and spamming
- Turned off Disqus to improve user experience
- Movies Official links now showing
[1.0.22] – 2022-05-02
- Cast: Relationship, Episode Appearance, Role Importance (Lead, Support, Guest)
- Person: Types (Drama, Movie, Special) under Credits/Crew tab
- Person: Source link properly showing under About section
- Drama, Movie, SPs, Person: Anchor links that link to various sections of the page for quick access
- Crew: Swapped Title text box (director, screenwriter, etc.) to pre-filled options with Checkboxes–BUG: Unable to save checked checkboxes on the front-end pages. Workaround: Check the boxes in WP Dashboard instead.
- Location of Views and Bookmarks moved underneath Synopsis or About section
[1.0.21] – 2022-04-30
- Machine Translation option added to Subtitle Projects
- Counter for total number of Subtitle Projects to Subtitle Provider profiles
- Bookmarks: Fave Actors, Fave Actresses, Fave Directors, and My Biases
- Self-sourced in Subtitle Projects now read Human Translation
- Bug: Filtering on Subtitle Projects
[1.0.20] – 2022-04-29
- Feature: Verified badges for content that has been vetted, reviewed, and translated by Drama-Otaku staff
- Help & FAQs link under Help in navigation
- Drama Resources Guide link under Help in navigation
- Japanese Media Resources link under Help in navigation
- Separated Current Dramas and SPs from Movies on homepage into tabs
[1.0.19] – 2022-04-06
- Feature: Subtitle Availability and Status in Archives/Indexes, Search, and Subtitle Projects by Year
- Bug: Subtitle Availability and Status information incorrectly showing in Search results
[1.0.18] – 2022-04-01
- Feature: Media Uploads for the following Post Types: Dramas, Movies, Specials, People
- Comments headers and anchors to all Post types with comments
- Manual ad placement in strategic areas that aren’t as obtrusive — no ads on Subtitle Projects and Subtitle Provider pages
- Sorting on Subtitle Provider pages for Start Date, Completion Date, and Status — Subtitle Projects without a Start Date or Completion Date (N/A) doesn’t get sorted
- Bug: Indexing issue with Subtitles by Year page
- Automated Google Adsense Placement
[1.0.17] – 2022-03-28
- Upload Media file feature is more robust–now allows for “Descriptions” for each file and multiple uploads via one button click (View YouTube video demo)
- Download counter working again on Subtitle Projects pages–downgraded to PHP version 7.4
[1.0.16] – 2022-03-25
- Rebranded login page
- Drama-Otaku logo
- Registration requirements on register page (ANY one valid active online profile is required)
- Custom Post Templates max width
- Updated theme to newest version
[1.0.15] – 2022-03-16
- Anchors for sections on Subtitle Project pages
- Turn off ads for Contributors and VIP Members (Patreon pledgers)
- Media tab for Drama pages (templates)
[1.0.14] – 2022-03-14
- Release date and genres to Upcoming Dramas, Movies, Specials slider on frontpage
- Disqus commenting automatically syncs with WP comments
- Comments will automatically update on the frontpage
[1.0.13] – 2022-03-12
- Feature: Follow/Favorite Subtitle Projects — Extended to all Post Types and rebranded to Bookmarks
- Styling for Total Views and Bookmarks widgets
- Total Views and Bookmarks widgets to all custom post types: Dramas, Movies, Specials, People, Subtitle Providers, Sub Projects
- More Bookmarks categories
- Enabled comments for People Custom Post Type
- Indexed newly added content for Search
[1.0.12] – 2022-03-6
- Subtitle Provider URL field on User Profiles to link DO Subtitle Provider Profiles with User Profiles
- Moved Dashboard to top navigation and out from Profile hover-over
- Moved Subtitle Projects from 3rd tab to 1st tab on Dashboard — Give Fansubbers instant access to Subtitle Projects
- Indexed newly added content for Search
[1.0.11] – 2022-03-5
- News to top navigation
- Cosmetic: Movies and Specials Templates
- Centered large featured image
- Details and Subtitle Availability callout box in 2 columns
- Comments header with anchor for SubProjects comments button
- SubProjects comments button links to anchor on Drama Template — brings Users to Comments section
- Display SubProvider Details on Search/archive results pages
- SubProvider Search/archive results pages inline with other Post Types
- Cleaned up Dramas, Movies, Specials Search/archive results pages
- Blocked WP Dashboard for Guests, Subscribers, and Contributors using WP Cerber
- Deactivated Hide Admin Bar From Front End plugin (redundant)
- Deleted unused themes and updated Neve theme to Version: 3.1.6
[1.0.10] – 2022-03-2
- Access permissions related to Contributors for editing Post fields
- Current News on homepage meta data styling
- Current Subtitle Projects on homepage styling
- Default sorting filter for Subtitle Projects Index
[1.0.9] – 2022-03-1
- Sorting filters and pagination to Subtitle Projects Index to improve usability and performance
- Post Count Views for all Post Types (Dramas, Movies, Specials, People, Subtitle Providers, Subtitle Projects)
- Upload Recommendation callout box to Subtitle Projects with approved file types
- Add Crew to Drama/Movie/Special Forms to navigation
- Subtitle Projects Index to navigation as a sub item
- Subtitle Projects Index sorted by Last Updated (modified) date/time of Subtitle Project — inline with sorting of Current Subtitles Projects widget on homepage
- Link on homepage in Current Subtitles Projects widget
- Associated Users added as “author” to respective Subtitle Provider profiles — Allows users to update content on admin-created Subtitle Provider profiles themselves
[1.0.8] – 2022-02-28
- Favorites plugin installed (still testing)
- Post Views Count plugin installed (still testing)
- Cosmetic: Adjusted Drama Post Type Template
- New view created for “Subtitle Availability” callout box
- Increased featured image and centered
- Bump Details down and placed side-by-side with new “Subtitle Availability” box
- Updated access controls for Subtitle Provider and Subtitle Project so Toolset Access manages it
- Remove Custom Fields for Networks (Dramas and Specials) and Film Studios (Movies) from WP Dashboard after swapping — Not scaleable
[1.0.7] – 2022-02-27
- View for Crew Credits on People Template to display associated Drama, Movie, Special and Titles (Director, Screenwriter, Producer, etc.)
- New tab for Crew in Credits section of People Template
- Fansubber Post Type changed to Subtitle Provider (more generic) to apply to a broader set of Subtitle Providers (stream sites, transcribers, etc.)
- Add/Edit Subtitle Provider Forms (Related Subtitle Provider drop down)
- New Taxonomy tags for Subtitle Provider Type (Fansubber, Official (Stream Sites), Other, Transcriber)
- All instances of Fansubber now replaced with Subtitle Provider or Sub Provider in Views: Subtitle Projects Index, English Subtitle Projects query, Current Subtitle Projects on homepage
- Add/Edit Subtitle Project Forms (Related Subtitle Provider drop down)
- Display: Credits were showing inline as one messy link in breadcrumb of Person’s profile for those with multiple credits
[1.0.6] – 2022-02-24
- Created Indexes for All Dramas, Movies, Specials and People and added to Dashboard for Contributors to search easily
- Show more Subtitle Projects on Homepage
- Cosmetic: Image width and height for Current Dramas Slider on Homepage
- Bug: Add Movie, Add Fansubber, Add People forms throwing dupe title error preventing titles from being added
- Indexed new titles and terms for Search Results
- Redirect all Add XXXX forms to page itself versus showing message about Review and checking dashboard — increase throughput for DO staff during Beta
[1.0.5] – 2022-02-21
- Feature: Allow multiple links for External links on “Add Subtitle Project” and Subtitle Project page
- URL truncation to grab filename from uploaded files on Subtitle Projects – Unnecessarily truncating some uploaded files that included additional periods in the filename
- Cosmetic: Subtitle Project Downloads view cut off on mobile view
- Blocked more Subtitle and Fansubber pages from Guest view
[1.0.4] – 2022-02-19
- Crew feature to Drama Post Types
- Display: Crew section to Drama Post Types
- Display: Inline “Add Crew” link to Dramas
- Display: Inline “Edit” and “Remove” links to Dramas
- New Relationship Dramas-Crew
- New Relationship Forms: “Add drama-crew” and “Edit drama-crew”
- New Views: List of Drama Crew Credits and Edit Link for Crew Dramas
- Content Templates: Add Crew to Drama (new), Editing Crew Drama (new), Template for Dramas (edit)
- “Remove” links for Cast will now “delete” the relationship permanently versus moving to “trash” – this was preventing “trashed” relationships from being re-added
- Inline Add, Edit, Remove link permissions on Drama Post Types using deny rule for Guests versus allow for admins and contributors
[1.0.3] – 2022-02-18
- Network taxonomy tags (Dramas and Specials) — Contributors can add new tags themselves
- Distributor taxonomy tags (Movies) — Contributors can add new tags themselves
- Removed Custom Fields for Networks (Dramas and Specials) and Film Studios (Movies) from Add/Edit Drama, Movie, Special Content Forms — Not scaleable
- Drama, Movie, and Special Content Templates to reflect new Network/Distributor taxonomy tags
- Add/Edit Drama, Movie, Special Content Forms to include new checkbox fields for Network/Distributor taxonomy tags
- Subtitle Project Index to include new code for Network/Distributor taxonomy tags
[1.0.2] – 2022-02-16
- Block Guests from viewing Subtitle Projects and Fansubbers — Re-enabled a section in Access
- Block Subscribers from adding Cast relationships
- Enable hotlinking feature on the server’s Cpanel
[1.0.1] – 2022-02-14
- View All News button on Homepage
- BuddyPress Notifications not loading — Disabled Relevanssi Live Ajax Search
- Attachments not uploading to all Post Types via WP Dashboard — Disabled Relevanssi Live Ajax Search
- Switch Search page to keep Search box persistent — Relevanssi Live Ajax Search caused conflicts with various Ajax functions of the site including BuddyPress Notifications and attachments via the WP Dashboard
- Block WordPress Dashboard from most users to avoid confusion
[1.0.0] – 2022-02-13
- Switch Search page to keep Search box persistent (using Relevanssi Live Ajax Search)
- Switch from multi-select fields to checkboxes for the following Post Types: Add/Edit Dramas, Movies, Specials
- Enable bio field (About Me) on Profiles (link: https://drama-otaku.com/members/username/profile/)
- User Member Types/badges for Admins and Staff Editors on Profiles